Friday, December 2, 2011

Pizza Friday

It isn't easy being "on a diet". What I usually do is eat really well, nothing but veggies, beans, and whole grains, for about 2 weeks. Then I go bonkers and David comes home to find me passed out in a pan of rice krispie crumbs, shedding tears over my dear departed willpower.

There are a lot of reasons that people over eat. Some of them are psychological, or emotional. Some of them are because they don't like healthy food, or that they mistakenly believe they can't afford it.

My reasons are much more basic. I really like high calorie foods, and I am excellent at making them. When I want a dessert I almost always have the ingredients on hand for making them due to those same ingredients being used in healthy foods. I am great at baking and not great at will power, so if I am craving cake, that usually means I eat a whole cake. It is all kinds of bad news bears.

So the premise of our new plan, is moderation.  The idea is that we can eat pizza, but only as it fits in to our caloric parameters. So today I had an apple and un-dressed veggies for lunch. And I can't wait to have a slice or 2 of pizza with my dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice. That is all.