Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Value of Health

One of the reasons it can be so hard to get healthy, is that it can seem so expensive. Especially when you compare healthy to healthiest- like comparing veggies to organic veggies, walking outside to a gym membership. Sometimes it is hard to spend the extra money on the things that I call "motivating factors".

For me, it is hard to spend money to walk on a treadmill at a gym, when I can walk outside for free. But there is something about knowing I have spent that money that makes me want to go, to get my money's worth. Same thing with organic veggies, once you spend that bit extra, you are more motivated to eat them, because if they go bad, it is SUCH a waste of money.

For me the motivation to splurge on the gym in the first place came from something my younger sister said to me once that really resonated with me. She said "If there was a pill that was $200 per month, and you could take it and be healthy and fit, you would right? So when you pay extra for gyms and healthy food, it is the same thing, the same money" 

For some reason thinking of it like that, made the splurge all worth it, and going to the gym is what motivated me in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice. That is all.